Healthy IDEAS is a service delivery model that extends the reach of current community based aging services by integrating depression awareness and self-management interventions into existing case management programs. As one of the Administration on Aging "Evidence-based Prevention Programs for Older Adults", Healthy IDEAS uses evidence-based practice to identify and address depression symptoms in those most at risk of being unrecognized and under-treated for depression.
Healthy IDEAS is a national model with measurable results and demonstrated benefits for older adults, service providers and community mental/behavioral health practitioners.
FOR OLDER ADULTS:
· Fewer symptoms of depression
· Decreased physical pain
· Better ability to recognize and self-treat symptoms
· Improved well-being through achievement of personal goals
FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS:
· Expanded capacity to address depression
· Better communication and stronger partnerships with mental health providers
· Improved staff knowledge and confidence in helping clients
FOR COMMUNITY MENTAL/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PARTNERS:
· Increased opportunity to work with diverse populations of older adults
· Strengthened connections to community agencies
· Greater opportunity to reach and help underserved older adults